Gwynedd Manufacturing, a growing defense contractor located in North Wales, is a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility dedicated to producing quality products for the U.S. Department of Defense and various U.S. Federal Law Enforcement Agencies. As an innovative company offering a wide array of products (firearms and accessories), we strive to continuously develop new technology and drive process improvement.
We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to work with our production team to develop tooling and fixturing, increase efficiency and document procedures, and support programming and general operation of our CNC machines.
Candidates with experience as a CNC Programmer, CNC Set-Up Machinist, or CNC Milling Machinist who are looking to take the next step in their career are encouraged to apply!
– Identify manufacturing inefficiencies; recommend and implement process improvements
– Program and set-up high-level products and fixtures of complex nature
– Design original creative solutions for tooling and fixturing to maximize efficiency and productivity
– Work closely with Design and Engineering to evaluate the manufacturability of new products in the research and development stage
– Provide critical input on designs to improve manufacturing
– Use discretion and independent judgment when programming and troubleshooting
– Work with the engineering, programming, production, and purchasing departments to strive towards continuous improvement
– Evaluate and edit CNC programs and tooling requirements to extend tool life and shorten processes
– Plan, execute, and audit lean manufacturing standards in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
– Train and supervise machine operators on standard operating procedures and work instructions
– 3 to 5 years of 4 – 5 axis CNC programming and machining experience
– Ability to read and interpret blueprints
– Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
– Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
– High attention to detail and extremely organized
– Experience using FeatureCAM, PartMaker, PowerMill or NX
– Basic ISO 9001 knowledge and understanding
– Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
– Paid Time Off plus 10 Paid Holidays
– 401k with Company Match
– Tuition Reimbursement
– Meals provided every day prepared by our on-site chef
– Sports Tickets to Phillies and Flyers games
– And so much more!