Machine Shop Manager
Gwynedd Manufacturing, a growing defense contractor located in North Wales, is a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility dedicated to producing quality products for the U.S. Department of Defense and various U.S. Federal Law Enforcement Agencies. As an innovative company offering a wide array of products, we strive to continuously develop new technology and drive process improvement.
We are currently seeking an experienced Machine Shop Manager with a passion for, and advanced knowledge in, CNC machining, metallurgy, grinding, finishing and all other areas in a machine shop environment. This position will be hands-on and drive best practices in manufacturing and safety.
This position may also be referred to as: Production Manager, Shop Foreman, Plant Manager, CNC Manager or Manufacturing Engineer.
– Hire, motivate, mentor, train, manage and engage machine shop personnel
– Perform departmental oversight to include planning, assigning and supervising daily activities of shop personnel
– Talent assessment and development, identification and coordination of staffing needs
– Effectively manage multiple projects, tasks, and priorities
– Production planning assistance to include material resource planning and production scheduling
– Ensure machine shop safety by performing risk assessments, creating an action plan, and implementing effective solutions
– Enhance / Create and enforce SOPs; ensure compliance with company policies and safety procedures
– Five years of foreman/supervisory experience in a machine shop
– Five years of experience working with various metals and complex part making
– Five years of experience working with multi-axis CNC equipment
– Five years of CNC programming experience
– Strong time management, multi-tasking and prioritization skills
– Strong leadership and mentoring skills
– Excellent communication skills
– Experience in an advanced CNC machine shop
– Experience in production planning
– Experience in an ISO 9001 environment
– Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
– Paid Time Off plus 10 Paid Holidays
– 401k with Company Match
– Tuition Reimbursement
– Meals provided every day prepared by our on-site chef
– Sports Tickets to Phillies and Flyers games
– And more!