CNC Set-Up Machinist
Gwynedd Manufacturing, a growing defense contractor located in North Wales, is a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility dedicated to producing quality products for the U.S. Department of Defense and various U.S. Federal Law Enforcement Agencies. As an innovative company offering a wide array of products, we strive to continuously develop new technology and drive process improvement.
We are currently seeking an experienced CNC Set-up Machinist to set-up and change over our CNC machines for new and existing projects using drawings, prints and tool lists.
- Set-up CNC machine from start to finish using drawings, prints and tool lists
- Maximize efficiency and productivity with tooling and fixturing
- Write programs at the machine for simple to medium complexity parts
- Change worn and damaged tools in machines through the production process
- Load programs and tools into CNC machines; verify programs are correct before production run is started
- Troubleshoot problematic set-ups and document changes
- Work with Quality Control to uphold Quality Policy and work through First Piece Inspection
- Perform basic machine maintenance
- Train machine operators as needed
- At least 3 years of experience setting up 3 – 5 axis CNC machines
- Prior experience with tooling and fixturing
- Intermediate knowledge of GD&T
- Ability to troubleshoot and identify programming errors
- Knowledge of Bridgeports and other manual machines
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off plus 10 Paid Holidays
- 401k with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Meals provided every day prepared by our on-site chef
- Sports Tickets to Phillies and Flyers games
- And much more!